Applications are now being accepted for the 2018 – 2019 school year
The Admissions Process at Academy of Whole Learning is a series of conversations, information, data collection, and observations conducted by the Academy of Whole Learning Admissions Team. The goal is to best understand the individual needs of each applicant. During this process, families come to understand the Academy stands by its mission to provide a personalized learning path integrating academic, social and life skills for qualifying students with autism spectrum disorder or related learning differences.
Steps in the Process
1. The admissions process starts with thoroughly reading through the school’s website in order to gain a full understanding of our mission and the students we serve.
2. Apply by submitting the following admissions documents to AOWL:
– Completed application, including a photo of the applicant and $150 non-refundable application fee payable to Academy of Whole Learning.
– Current IEP and most recent comprehensive assessment OR psychological-educational evaluation given within the past year.
– Clinical evaluations (OT, PT, Speech Therapies, etc.), completed Teacher Input Form and school transcripts or report cards.
4. If after review of a student’s application, student shadow and family interview, and the AOWL Admissions Team believes the Academy can support the student, an offer of admission will be made.3. Once AOWL has received all required admissions documents a thorough document review and screening will be completed. A one-hour student shadow will be scheduled in one of our classrooms. During the shadow, parents will be given a personalized tour and participate in a family interview, as AOWL seeks to work with families who share similar educational philosophies. All 2018-2019 Admissions Forms can be found here.
5. Return signed contract and non-refundable $1,000 deposit.
We do occasionally enroll students after the school year has begun, but acceptance is very selective.
Please note that no formal evaluation is completed by Academy of Whole Learning prior to admission. Parents are encouraged to have a full evaluation completed by a developmental pediatrician or psychologist or must provide a recent psychological-educational evaluation and school records. An updated evaluation must be submitted every three years once enrolled.
Every student who is admitted to Academy of Whole Learning must have a completed medical examination and immunization report.
If questions should arise pertaining to the admission policies or procedures, please contact admissions at (952) 737-6900 or email@example.com.