RESOURCES WITHIN THE AUTISM COMMUNITY
- University of Minnesota Yonus Lab Study – Yoked Prism Glasses – Participants ages 7-13 (with Autism) needed for 1 hour visual perception study.
- Transitioning Together Group – Young adults (14-21) with ASD transitioning to adulthood.
- PEERS Social Skills Group – Focusing on making and keeping friends for adolescents (ages 11-18) with ASD.
- PEERS Social Skills Group Flyer (University of Minnesota)
- ASD Intensive Outpatient Program – This 8-week specialized Intensive Outpatient Program (for teenagers with difficulty regulating their emotions and struggling with social skills) was developed specifically for adolescents with high-functioning autism. It is based on the PEERS curriculum.
- ASD Intensive Outpatient Program Flyer (Plymouth Psych Group)
- Facing Your Fears Anxiety Group – Evidence-based intervention using CBT to address anxiety for adolescents (ages 14-18) with ASD.
- Sensory Jump Night – Pump It Up
- 1st Wednesday of each Month
- 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- $7.00 per child
- Free Sensory Flicks
- Saturdays @ 10:00 am @ Mall of America
- AMC Sensory Friendly Films
- Reel Movies for Real Needs
- Special Night for Special Needs, Children’s Museum of Richmond
- Caring Santa
- The program provides a chance for families with special needs to visit Santa Claus in a more comfortable environment.
Autism Resources for Families
Sesame Street Autism Resources for Parents
Creating a Home Where Your Child Can Thrive with a Disability
CDC Autism Links and Resources
Moving with Special Needs Kids
Temple Grandin’s Teaching Tips