We are truly thankful for your trust in us to prepare your child for success in life. The faculty and staff at AOWL are devoted to delivering individualized attention to all of our students and meeting each of their unique needs. We look forward to partnering with each of you in order to provide the best educational opportunity for your child. Through this partnership, we believe the academic, social and life skills your child will develop during their time at AOWL will truly set them up for future success.
Below you will find information and resources relevant to parents of AOWL students. If you have any general questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 952-737-6900.
The Bridge Newsletter
The BRIDGE is our bi-weekly school newsletter. The BRIDGE includes important school information, reminders, announcements, accolades and upcoming events. Below are copies of the 2018-2019 school year newsletters.Sign up for the Bridge Newsletter
2019-20 School Year
- Thursday, August 8, 2019
2018-19 School Year
- Thursday, July 11, 2019
- Thursday, May 23, 2019
- Thursday, May 9, 2019
- Thursday, April 25, 2019
- Thursday, April 11, 2019
- Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Thursday, February 7, 2019
- Thursday, January 24, 2019
- Thursday, January 10, 2019
- Thursday, December 13, 2018
- Thursday, November 29, 2018
- Thursday, November 15, 2018
- Thursday, November 1, 2018
- Thursday, October 18, 2018
- Thursday, October 4, 2018
- Thursday, September 20, 2018
- Thursday, September 6, 2018
- Thursday, August 22, 2018
Year at a Glance
We are happy to partner with Breck School to provide transportation to our families.
Through our Breck School partnership, students must be able to make a one bus transfer at Breck School independently. For more information, click here. Or contact Mark Ryks directly at 763-381-8218.
Resources within the Autism Community
- Minnesota Autism Resource website
- Groves Academy Community Education Workshop Series – Click here for more details.
- University of Minnesota Yonus Lab Study – Yoked Prism Glasses – Participants ages 7-13 (with Autism) needed for 1 hour visual perception study.
- Transitioning Together Group – Young adults (14-21) with ASD transitioning to adulthood.
- PEERS Social Skills Group – Focusing on making and keeping friends for adolescents (ages 11-18) with ASD.
- PEERS Social Skills Group Flyer (University of Minnesota)
- ASD Intensive Outpatient Program – This 8-week specialized Intensive Outpatient Program (for teenagers with difficulty regulating their emotions and struggling with social skills) was developed specifically for adolescents with high-functioning autism. It is based on the PEERS curriculum.
- ASD Intensive Outpatient Program Flyer (Plymouth Psych Group)
- Facing Your Fears Anxiety Group – Evidence-based intervention using CBT to address anxiety for adolescents (ages 14-18) with ASD.
Parent Teacher Organization
The mission of Academy of Whole Learning’s Parent Teacher Organization is to support and enhance the educational experiences of Academy of Whole Learning’s students and to promote open communication and understanding between Academy of Whole Learning’s teachers, staff and parents. The PTO is a vital part of Academy of Whole Learning. All are welcome to join!
Please click on the link below to download:2019-20 Family Handbook
*You will be redirected to Gradelink's secure website.
Back to School Info
Back to School Presentation
Order 2018-19 Yearbook
The Bridge Newsletter
The BRIDGE is our bi-weekly school newsletter. The BRIDGE includes important school information, reminders, announcements, accolades and upcoming events.